Thursday, October 30, 2008

Misty time of year


Well it is for me anyways!. last weekend I managed to destroy two pairs of contact lenses, leaving me with none. So, this week I've been wearing my glasses which are 8 years old, scratched and way too weak for me. The effect on my character has been quite dramatic. I have found myself to be quite withdrawn and quiet and have found it hard to look anyone in the eye. With the grey weather over the last few days it's made my vision ever worse and i've found it hard even to do the most simplest of tasks like going shopping or tidying the house. Walking through town is a nightmare and not being able to judge depth I have walked into several people with them tutting or shouting at me to look where I'm going. In the evenings when the light had completely gone then there's not much for me to do but go to bed.  
I'm just so grateful that i don't have this problem all the time. It's given me a new appreciation and understanding what the blind and partially sighted go through. 

1 comment:

Anna said...

Poor Mrs. Magoo! I can't imagine you with glasses somehow. Hope you get some lenses sorted out soon. I'm still in denial about needing to wear glasses full-time; I tried to eat a cork mat the other day, thought it was a Rich Tea Biscuit.