Monday, July 21, 2008

Give me music

At the moment I've really got back into music and am dying to find that rare "wow" song that when I first hear it it will make me stop in my tracks and take the breath from my lungs.  There are some songs that when I listen to them they completely absorb me, time stops and for the duration of the song nothing else exists, just me, the song and my emotions. one such song is somewhere a clock is ticking by snow patrol (excuse the video). my heart feels like it's beating in time with the music. When I listen to it I feel love, I feel passion and also scared as it takes me over. Another snow patrol song with a similar effect is It's beginning to get to me. The end of the song is so emotional it brings tears to my eyes. I love that about music. some people take drugs to change their moods but I'd rather listen to an amazing song. One song that I listen to to lift my spirits is Yes by Mcalmont and Butler. I always listen to it when I'm doubting myself and it always makes me feel a little kick ass after. 
After all that excitement I need my comedown song. My older brother started my love of Tuvan music, especially Yat kha . Their song Amdy baryp  is amazing and will take you to the Gobi tundra, whether you want to go or not. Enjoy

1 comment:

Anna said...

Tuvan music is a great discovery, thank-you. I like the final blessing "May the eternal blue sky be with you."