Saturday, March 04, 2006

shopping in Thun


I’m just back from Switzerland after another oh too short trip. this time it was a bit different as we didn't do any of the usual touristy things (apart from a trip to Basel) and I didn't even go up one mountain. despite the absence of tourist activities this was my fav trip yet.
We did normal everyday things like go into town and it gave me a chance to suss out the shops. I love the supermarkets, the choice is smaller (except for the hams.... never seen so much ham!!!) but the produce on offer is mouth watering. I also love that the fruit and veg look like they've just come from a farm and still come in odd shapes (you know the type; potatoes that look like lord lucan etc).
The things for the home are beautiful, lots of bright glass which is right up my street and so many kitchen things that look very exciting but I don't know what they're for (I love them anyway because I’m sure they're for making something yummy!). We ended up buying some gorgeous green glasses (which I’m praying are dishwasher proof) and a lovely snuggley fleece throw, perfect for Sundays watching the best of the BBC.
The jury's still out on the clothes, some are over designed which make them look like children’s clothing and I really don't like the shoes (although the trainers are nice). there are however, some very nice things if you look which I’m fantasising about just now. There was a very nice military style blouse and a stunning leather jacket. hmmmmm I’d better save my money for my next trip in to Thun.

No comments: